WVOMA ‘s Annual CME Conference 21 1-A hours in hybrid sessions both recorded AND LIVE at the Greenbrier Resort.
There will be a registration reception Thursday evening. CME will begin at 7:30 am on Friday & Saturday morning, with the remaining hours on demand. The entire conference will be available AFTER the live presentations for on demand learning until December 31, 2023.
Program Learning Objectives
At the completion of the program, attendees will be able to:
1. Improve their diagnostic skills.
2. Explain and implement current treatment guidelines and protocols.
3. Evaluate pharmacodynamics of patient management.
4. Modify current behavior of patients to improve health and wellness.
5. Identify practice changes that will improve outcomes.
In addition, specific learning objectives are developed for each presentation and will be provided on the virtual conference platform.
West Virginia Osteopathic Medical Association (WVOMA) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. WVOMA designates this program for AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
THANK YOU to our Faculty sponsor:
The WV Medical Professionals Health Program
THURSDAY November 2, 2023: 5:30 -7 Registration & Welcome reception…Welcome to the Greenbrier! NOTE: NO CME scheduled on Thursday
FRIDAY November 3: NOTE: All classes will be in the Eisenhower rooms.
- 7:30 am: Welcome: Program Director Rick Greco, DO
- 7:30-8:30: CME: Hypertension: Inpatient and Outpatient Medication Strategies: John Dahdah, DO
- 8:30-930 CME: Best practices for Pediatric ADHD: Jessica McColley, DO
- 9:30-9:45 Exhibits & break
- 9:45-10:45 CME: Obesity Medicine: Heidi Henson, DO
- 10:45-11:45 CME: Reintegr8: Creating a Full Spectrum Recovery Eco System: Cheryl Laws, Founder/CEO Pollen8
- 11:45-1:00 CME & Luncheon Reorganization of DHHR: Sherri Young, DO Secretary of the West Virginia Department of Health
1:00-2 CME Semi-Concierge Medicine: James Lawlor, DO
- 2:00-3 CME Common joint concerns for the PCP: Andrew Meyers, DO
- 3:00-4:00 Hospice & Pallative Care: Allie Caudill, DO
SATURDAY November 4: NOTE: Classes & Luncheon will be held in Eisenhower conference area.
- 8-9 CME: Pediatric Psychology Hillary Porter, DO
- 9-10 The National Food as Medicine Movement and a West Virginia Initiative...FARMacyWV: Prescriptions for Produce Carol Greco, DO Founder, Farmacy WV
- 10-10:15 Exhibit Break
- 10:15-11:15 CME: Surgery of the hand: Paul Ghareeb, MD
- 11:15-12:15 CME: CME: Student Research winners: WVSOM
- 12:15-1:15 CME Virus & Vaccine update: RSV, Influenza and Covid19. Christian Greco, DO
- 1:15-2:30 Luncheon: CME WVOMA & WV Politics and Board Update
- 2:30-3:30 CME Pain Management & Harm Reduction: Leonard Kamen, DO
- 6:30 WVSOM GALA: Western Night honoring Bob Foster, DO (ticketed event at WVSOM)
SUNDAY November 5: Enjoy your morning! The remaining 7 CME hours will be available online after the
conference, in addition to viewing the Student and Resident research projects.
ALL CME SESSIONS WILL BE RECORDED FOR ON DEMAND LEARNING AND WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR FULL AOA 1-A CREDIT AFTER THE CONFERENCE HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
On Demand only:
- 1. Advance Directives: Talking about Goals of Care before an Emergency: John Dahdah, DO
- 2. Obesity Medicine: an in-depth look at medication indications/contra indications: Heidi Henson, DO
- 3. AI and Healthcare: Penny Fioravante, ED WVOMA
- 4. Current Affairs of Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder in WV: Christina Mullins, WVDHHR
- 5. Legislative Update, WV Laws, Rules & Regulations and the CSMP: Matthew Goff, WV
- 6. Bridging the gap between inpatient and skilled nursing facility care: Michael Antolini, DO
Please us this link when making your reservations at the Greenbrier: https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/details.aspx?propertyid=16583&nights=1&checkin=11/2/2023&group=WVOMA2023&lang=en-us (877) 531-1879, option 2: if asked; wvoma23
We have a limited block of rooms available, please reserve your room ASAP.
There also are a variety of other lodging options in the area, from AirBNB rentals to boutique Hotels. Feel free to call Penny if you need help with lodging.